Genetic Olympics is a simulation based game that mimics Olympic Competitors competing in various events.
So what is there to do?
You are completely free when it comes to using this program. You can for example:
- Make funny looking Olympians.
- Compete and try to solve the activities.
- Save your characters and post them for others to try.
- By saving you will have the Olympian's stats copied to your clipboard. To load this character later on, paste it before clicking "Load" in the start screen.(Does not work here on itch.io, sorry about that)
To simplify the breeding process for users who are not familiar with it:
- Use the breed-menu
- Select the Olympian(s) you want to evolve
- Choose either high or low mutation depending on what you are after.
- Press breed and watch your new population of Olympians compete!
The difference between high- and low-mutation:
- High mutation yields a wider range of diversity throughout your population.
- Low mutation yields less diversity and instead similar-looking Olympians.
If you get stuck when trying to solve something remember that:
- Selecting all the Olympians and breeding with high mutation will result in a soft "reset"
NOTE: Thank you so much for aiding our Research, it means a lot!
We are not writing our theisis anymore, but you are welcome to add comments down below what you thought about the experience!
Kind regards, Karl Nihlén(Sne) & Sebastian Lind(Elastiskalinjen)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.